Dr. Ravi Kumar received his Ph.D. from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras in 2012. At IIT Madras, he worked on investigation of energy efficient receiverfor line-focus concentrating solar power (CSP) systems such as parabolic trough collector and linear Fresnel reflector for process heating and power generation applications. He also worked on solar field design, feasibility study of large scale CSP plants and multi-stage solar desalination system and so on. After his PhD, he worked as a postdoctoral fellow at ABB Corporate Research Center, Bangalore for a year. Then, he joined as an Associate Scientist in the same organization on July 2013 and promoted as Scientist in 2014. His research work at ABB Corporate Research Center includes solar aided thermal power generation, solar heat for process heating applications and multi-physics modelling of secondary steel making (continuous casting) process & measurement devices. Since November 2016, he has been part of Centre for Energy Studies, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi as an Assistant Professor.
Dr. Ravi Kumar focussed on design and development of efficient and cost effective solar thermal power systems for various applications like desalination, process heating, power generation and so on. He also focussed on development of thermal energy storage technologies for medium and high temperature applications. His research area includes:
1. Solar thermal power generation
2. Solar process heat applications
3. Energy efficient receivers for concentrated solar thermal power systems
4. Solar desalination
5. Energy storage and
6. Multi-physics modelling of various renewable energy systems.
1. An attachable electromagnetic flow meter, Filed on December 2016 (201641040981).
2. An Electromagnetic Flow Meter, Filed on December 2016.
3. A method of operating an electromagnetic flow meter for detecting flow of multiphase fluids and the electromagnetic flow meter therof, Filed on December 2016 (201641033598).
4. Performance Improvement of Relay, November 2016.
5. Method and apparatus to maintain a homogenized melt and controlled fields of a molten metal, Filed on December 2014 (WO/2015/110984).
6. An apparatus and a method for handling molten medium in continuous casting process, Filed on December 2013 (6178/CHE/2013).
7. Multiple access solar energy unit, a method of designing a multiple access solar energy unit, and a method of operation therefrom, Filed on March 2013 (1352/CHE/2013).
1. K. S. Reddy, K. Ravi Kumar and C. S. Ajay, Experimental performance investigation of solar parabolic trough collector with porous disc enhanced receiver for process heat applications, Renewable Energy, 77, 308-319, 2015
2. K. S. Reddy and K. Ravi Kumar, Estimation of convective and radiative heat losses from an inverted trapezoidal cavity receiver of solar linear Fresnel reflector system, Int. J. of Thermal sciences, 80, 48-57, 2014.
3. K. S. Reddy, K. Ravi Kumar and Vikramaditya A. Devaraj, Feasibility analysis of megawatt scale solar thermal power plants, J. of Renewable and Sustainable Energy, 4, 063111, 2012.
4. K. S. Reddy and K. Ravi Kumar, Solar collector field design and viability analysis of stand-alone parabolic trough power plants for Indian conditions, Energy for Sustainable Development, 16(4), 456-470, 2012.
5. K. Ravi Kumar and K. S. Reddy, 4-E (Energy-Exergy-Environmental-Economic) analyses of line focusing stand-alone concentrating solar power plants, Int. J. of Low Carbon Technologies, 7, 82-96, 2012.
6. K. S. Reddy, K. Ravi Kumar, T. K. Mallick, T. S. O'Donovan, Performance analysis of an evacuated multi-stage solar water desalination system, Desalination, 288, 80-92, 2012.
7. K. Ravi Kumar and K. S. Reddy, Effect of porous disc receiver configurations on performance of solar parabolic trough concentrator, Heat Mass Transfer, 48, 555-571, 2012.
8. K. S. Reddy, K. Ravi Kumar, P. Vishwanath Kumar, T. K. Mallick, T. S. O'Donovan, Transient analysis of multi-stage solar desalination system, Int. J. of Green Energy, Energy and Environment, 1 (1), 27-35, 2010.
9. K. Ravi Kumar and K. S. Reddy, Thermal analysis of solar parabolic trough with porous disc receiver, Applied Energy, 86, 1804-1812, 2009.
10. K. S. Reddy, K. Ravi Kumar and G. V. Satyanarayana, Numerical investigation of energy efficient receiver for solar parabolic trough concentrator, J. of Heat Transfer Engineering, 29(11), 961-972, 2008.
1. SubhashishDasgupta, K. Ravi Kumar, Philipp Nenninger, Frank Gotthardt, Blood Flow Measurement in Large Blood Vessels using Magnetic Flow Meter, COMSOL Conference, 20-21 October 2016, Bangalore, India.
2. SubhashishDasgupta, K. Ravi Kumar, Philipp Nenninger, Frank Gotthardt, Analytical Method to Evaluate EMF Induced in Ionic Liquid by Magnetic Field, COMSOL Conference, 28-29 October 2015, Pune, India.
3. H. Yang, E. Abiona, R. Chaudhary, K. Ravi Kumar, J-E. A. Eriksson, Development of plasma heating and electromagnetic stirring in tundish, 8th International conference on Electromagnetic Processing of Materials, 12-16 October 2015, France.
4. R. Chaudhary, K. Ravi Kumar, M. Seden, B. Rydholm, J-E. A. Eriksson, H. Yang, Electromagnetic devices for continuous steel casting tundishes, 8th International conference on Electromagnetic Processing of Materials, 12-16 October 2015, France.
5. K. Ravi Kumar and K. S. Reddy, Experimental investigation of solar parabolic trough concentrator with porous disc enhanced receiver, 3rdInternational Conference on Advances in Energy Research (ICAER 2011), IIT Bombay, India, 9-11 December, 2011.
6. K. Ravi Kumar and K. S. Reddy, Thermodynamic and enviro-economic analyses of stand-alone solar power plants, 10th International Conference in Sustainable Energy Technologies (SET 2011), Kumburgaz, Istanbul, Turkey, 4-7 September, 2011, pp. 1-7.
7. K. S. Reddy and K. Ravi Kumar, Investigation of heat losses from the trapezoidal cavity receiver for linear Fresnel reflector solar power system, ISES Solar World Congress (SWC 2011), Kassel, Germany, 28th August - 2nd September 2011.
8. K. Ravi Kumar and K. S. Reddy, Determination of concentrated flux intensity and distribution for solar parabolic trough concentrator, Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies (SET 2010),Shanghai, China, 24-27 August, 2010, pp. 205.
9. K. Ravi Kumar and K. S. Reddy, Investigation of heat transfer characteristics of solar parabolic trough concentrator with line focus porous disc, Proceedings of the 20th National and 9th International ISHMT-ASME Heat and Mass Transfer Conference, IIT Bombay, 4-6 January, 2010, pp. 487-494.
10. G. V. Satyanarayana, K. Ravi Kumar and K. S. Reddy, Numerical study of porous enhanced receiver for solar parabolic trough collector, Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Solar Radiation and Day Lighting (SOLARIS 2007), India, vol. 2, pp. 47- 55.
11. K. Ravi Kumar, A. Satheesh, Analysis and optimization of turbulence in diesel engine, International conference on Global Manufacturing and Innovation (GMI 2006), Coimbatore, India, 27-29 July, 2006.
12. K. Ravi Kumar, A. Satheesh, Design and analysis of shell and tube heat exchanger, Conference on Mechanical Engineering and Technology, Institute of Technology, B.H.U., 27-29 January, 2006.
Dr. K. Ravi Kumar,
Centre for Energy Studies,
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi,
Hauz Khas New Delhi - 110016, India
Copyright © 2018-Center for Energy Studies IIT Delhi
Best viewed in 1280x768 or above resolution