* Facility for Basic Testing of Engine (Performance and Emission Characteristic).
* Dynamometer for Evaluation Engine Performance.
* Gas Analysers for Measuring CO, HC and NOx Emission. Cylinder Gas Pressure Measurement and Processing Unit. AVL Research Engine with Facility to vary Compression Ratio, Ignition/Injection Timing.
* Passenger Car Engine Test Bed.
* Engine Data acquisition System.
* Smoke Meters (AVL smoke meter).
* AVL Visio FEM Analyser for Measurement of Flame Kernel Growth Rate.
* Gas Chromatograph.
* Karl Fischer Coulometer for Measuring Oxidation Stability.
* Rencimate for Measuring Moisture Content.
* Bio-Diesel Production Unit (50 l/batch).
* Other Facility (Flash, Pour and Cloud Point Measuring Apparatus).
- AVL Fire for Analysis of 3-Dimensional Fluid Dynamic Model of I.C. Engines.
- AVL Boost for 1-Dimensional Thermodynamic Modeling of I.C. Engines
* 11 KV Prototype Substation Model for Power Factor and Unbalance Voltage Testing.
* Electronic Circuit Design & Testing.
* Real Time Monitoring of Micro Alternator.
* Vertical Axis Wind Turbine Power Generation.
* Micro-Hydro Power Generation
* Long Transmission Line Models
The Centre can undertake extensive energy audits to identify-
(i) where and in what form the energy is being used in an organization/industry,
(ii) intensity of energy use and
(iii) energy conserving opportunities. The audit report presented to the organization also contains detailed techno-economic evaluation of each of the energy conserving opportunities and priority wise recommendations for implementation.
The technology improvement for achieving better energy efficiencies is also prioritized out through continuous R&D activities in the relevant areas.
Copyright © 2018-Center for Energy Studies IIT Delhi
Best viewed in 1280x768 or above resolution